The Kabal Invasion returns later this year

For announcing, describing and discussing code changes to BNT.
Post Reply
thekabal
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:32 pm

The Kabal Invasion returns later this year

Post by thekabal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:27 am

Hello!

Just wanted to drop in and mention that the progress on TKI is regular and consistent again, and I'm nearing the point where we can have a working game again later this year!

I've secured hosting for the game, and continue to develop on GitHub. Right now I'm working through more code tightening/refactoring, but the next milestone is fixing the login/signup/recovery process so that the game can go live once again.

Next after that will be a focus on the AI players, and then a workable install process.

It's coming along! So far, the codebase is still extremely similar in playstyle to BNT. In time, once we get the major issues resolved, that will change.

I'll be aiming for Halloween, but time will tell if I hit that target.

User avatar
TheMightyDude
Site Admin
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 am

Re: The Kabal Invasion returns later this year

Post by TheMightyDude » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:10 am

thekabal wrote:Hello!

Just wanted to drop in and mention that the progress on TKI is regular and consistent again, and I'm nearing the point where we can have a working game again later this year!
Nice :)
thekabal wrote:I've secured hosting for the game, and continue to develop on GitHub. Right now I'm working through more code tightening/refactoring, but the next milestone is fixing the login/signup/recovery process so that the game can go live once again.
Cool.
Yeah, BNT really needs to have the recovery feature added, atm players just email me to generate a new random password for them.
thekabal wrote:Next after that will be a focus on the AI players, and then a workable install process.
Yeah, these types of game really need better AI.
thekabal wrote:It's coming along! So far, the codebase is still extremely similar in playstyle to BNT. In time, once we get the major issues resolved, that will change.

I'll be aiming for Halloween, but time will tell if I hit that target.
Cool, keep us updated.

Yeah, my new version is starting to get to a point where I can start adding in game stuff, I just had to get my networking code working right, I explain more in my dev blog.

But I am glad you are getting stuff done.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

Post Reply