Server Relocated...

Announcements related to BNT and the BlackNova.net site.

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Server Relocated...

Post by TheMightyDude » Thu Jun 05, 2014 20:14 UTC

Hello All

Sorry for the downtime, the Rack Server was relocated and I wasn't told that this was going to happen until it was underway.

Hopefully it should all be back up.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog YouTube Dev Channel Twitter Twitch

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Re: Server Relocated...

Post by TheMightyDude » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 UTC

Seems it had got worse.
We was told today after 4 to 5 days of nothing from them that the PSU Fan in the Rack Server had failed, whether this was true we do not know, all I can say is we were both rather pissed off with the lack of support and slight rudeness of them when asked what's happening.

Good side of things:
We as in my brother (owner of Rack Server) and myself have been discussing about moving over to Cloud Hosting where we would have less issues that we have had the last week, however we are stuck with a contract for at least until March 2015 so it wouldn't be in our best interest to move until a month or a few weeks before then.

Now the bad side of things:
We are a long time away from this happening yet so no need to worry.
If we did move over to Cloud Hosting we may need to add some banner ads, probably on the forums and in a couple of places in the game like the index, ranking, settings pages (maybe even new and login), the rest will not have any banner ads.
These banner ads is just to cover the difference in price that we have to pay for Cloud Hosting.

At this stage we haven't decided on what the banners will advertise, maybe computer tech, games or even amazon stuff.

*** Update ***
Was just told we are staying with them due to it would be twice the price that we are paying now if we went to Cloud Hosting.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog YouTube Dev Channel Twitter Twitch