We are back online...

Announcements related to BNT and the BlackNova.net site.

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

We are back online...

Post by TheMightyDude » Sat Apr 19, 2014 08:23 UTC

Hello All

As some of you already know we had tried to do a server update, and due to the huge differences in the software that was installed this resulted in the server failing to boot.

So we had to do a backup of all sites, home folders and databases, along with required software etc which all went fine, so we did a complete format and did a clean install on the server which all went great no issues what's so ever, or so we thought.
However sadly when we went to restore all the databases we found all the database files corrupted along with some other stuff.

Lucky for the games we have a rollback feature written by me that does hourly and daily backups of the game database so we could always restore that even if we have no database to start with, sadly this isn't the case for the Forums or anything else.

So, I had to re-do the forum from scratch meaning a fresh slate and this is where we are at the moment.

I will also try and add a form of rollback for the forums that gets backed up daily at midnight, so in the worst case in the future if we loose the database we would only loose a days worth of changes max.

Anyhow you will all have to re-register.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog YouTube Dev Channel Twitter Twitch

thekabal

Re: We are back online...

Post by thekabal » Sat Apr 19, 2014 22:33 UTC

Sorry you ran into that trouble, great to have you back!

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Re: We are back online...

Post by TheMightyDude » Sun Apr 20, 2014 01:53 UTC

Yeah, taken me ages to get the forums set right, still not fully right but getting there.
When I was told that all the databases files was broken, I was ready to just give up on it all, but thought nope one more go at it.
To be honest I was rather lucky, I only lost the database, somebody lost their whole site OUCH.

But yeah one last try :)
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog YouTube Dev Channel Twitter Twitch