Poll of interest of BNT recode?

Announcements related to BNT and the BlackNova.net site.

What one of the following would you choose ?

Yeah, that would be great, I would love to play the classic version of the game.
100%
Erm, you took too long to do the recode and I have lost interest in the game now.
No votes
I got tired of waiting for the game to come back up and have started playing other games.
No votes
I would rather play other games now that there are loads of MMO's that are free to play now.
No votes

Total votes: 5

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Poll of interest of BNT recode?

Post by TheMightyDude » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:34 pm

I just wanted to know the amount of people that would like to see a recoded version of Blacknova Traders which would be coded from scratch, the game will still be opensource and look the same, it will just be cleaner code making it more easier to add new stuff if needed..

I am just trying to see if its worth while doing the recode, there would be no point if there was nobody to play it once it is done.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

MrBrennus

Re: Poll of interest of BNT recode?

Post by MrBrennus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:35 am

I played BNT around 2003 and enjoyed it a lot. If there was a new version I imagine that I'd find it just as addictive as before.

There are a lot of games out there today though so I don't know if it could still attract an audience like it did in the past.

Maybe it could be re-imagined and modernized for mobile gaming instead of a classic recode?

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:16 pm

MrBrennus wrote:I played BNT around 2003 and enjoyed it a lot. If there was a new version I imagine that I'd find it just as addictive as before.

There are a lot of games out there today though so I don't know if it could still attract an audience like it did in the past.

Maybe it could be re-imagined and modernized for mobile gaming instead of a classic recode?
Well due to what is displayed that will be an issue for Smart Phones.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

Rincewind

Post by Rincewind » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:46 am

I believe what this game needs is:

+ not necessarily a re-code, but it would be welcome if it will even further improve performance and reduce bandwidth with further optimizations
+ a subreddit for easier sharing, promotion etc. (I created one, I hope you don't mind)
https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackNovaTraders/
+ while development is going on, collect email addresses from people interested in the game, I know I'd be interested to play a couple, help with moderating the subreddit, administering games...

+ most importantly... new players use their turns for nothing and don't feel rewarded for their actions, they are too impatient to wait for new turns - so they quit and never come back. We need some good video tutorials of some actions, some examples of multi-tab attack/resupply etc. If we can setup a universe with dummy accounts with planets, etc., some veterans would possibly be willing to record those with some commentary? It's hella fun, I remember doing it, but that was 10+ years ago, so I kind of forgot a lot of it, but I started playing again a bit on http://bnt.wyesoft.com/ to remind myself :)

That's all for now, I may post more if I think of anything useful.

RancerDS

Post by RancerDS » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:33 am

It would be interesting to learn if the re-coding will be done using PHP5 or if it will instead be done using the newer PHP7.