Attacking Planets

Do you need help playing, have ideas for the game or just want to talk about what's going on in the game? This is the place.

Bogomip

Attacking Planets

Post by Bogomip » Mon May 01, 2017 03:05 UTC

Dear all,

I have questions regarding the attacking of planets that address issues outside of the FAQ.

- The amount of torps on a planet is usually huge, but then the torp launcher is generally quite low. How does the torp launcher and the amount of torps work together? If they have a level 10 torp launcher I assume that will not launch 20 million torps?

- I assume also that engines, cloak etc that you use in ship to ship battle have nothing to do with planetary attacks?

- in ship to planet battle are there any random chances?

I made a spreadsheet to simulate a ship-to-planet attack but the torpedo launchers are the only question mark in its accuracy.

Thanks
Alex

Bogomip

Re: Attacking Planets

Post by Bogomip » Mon May 01, 2017 09:11 UTC

Ah never mind, I worked it all out and then got screwed because the base was destroyed when I took the planet (yay I won), and then the game took the 500 trillion I needed to pay off my bounty and IGB debt, as well as upgrading my ship to conquer further planets, so I have -700 billion debt to IGB, -350 billion debt to the federation, and 185 billion with no opportunity to increase anything any more as the winner was getting way away from me.

Sad times.

Oh well :(