Proxima Centauri Blacknova Traders game online...

If you have a new game running on your server, you can announce it in here.

User avatar

Posts: 3

Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:08 am

Proxima Centauri Blacknova Traders game online...

Being new to Blacknova Traders, I set it up using all the defaults. I ran a BBS back in the '90's running TW2002 and loved playing the game. I recently got a new version of the BBS up and running and will be adding TW2002 to it soon. In the meantime, please check out the Blacknova Traders game and let me know what tweaks I should make to make it more fun!

Thanks!

Hosato
Proxima Centauri
http://proximacentauri.sytes.net
User avatar

Site Admin

Posts: 211

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 am

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:51 am

Re: Proxima Centauri Blacknova Traders game online...

You haven't correctly setup BNT on your server, the cron updates are either not setup or are set incorrectly.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter
User avatar

Posts: 3

Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: Proxima Centauri Blacknova Traders game online...

TheMightyDude wrote:You haven't correctly setup BNT on your server, the cron updates are either not setup or are set incorrectly.


Thanks, I'll go through them again soon.

-Hosato
User avatar

Site Admin

Posts: 211

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 am

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: Proxima Centauri Blacknova Traders game online...

Hosato wrote:
TheMightyDude wrote:You haven't correctly setup BNT on your server, the cron updates are either not setup or are set incorrectly.


Thanks, I'll go through them again soon.

-Hosato

I just check a few mins ago and it seems that your game hasn't had any updates for 6days, 12hours, 52mins and 20seconds.

So that is leading me to either an error in the code or you haven't read the install file in the docs folder and setup cron right.
I am leaning to the second.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter
User avatar

Posts: 3

Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Re: Proxima Centauri Blacknova Traders game online...

TheMightyDude wrote:
Hosato wrote:
TheMightyDude wrote:You haven't correctly setup BNT on your server, the cron updates are either not setup or are set incorrectly.


Thanks, I'll go through them again soon.

-Hosato

I just check a few mins ago and it seems that your game hasn't had any updates for 6days, 12hours, 52mins and 20seconds.

So that is leading me to either an error in the code or you haven't read the install file in the docs folder and setup cron right.
I am leaning to the second.


I followed the instructions in the docs to setup the cron job and it appeared to work for a short time, but doesn't appear to be working anymore. Any ideas what to look at to determine the cause?

-Hosato
User avatar

Site Admin

Posts: 211

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 am

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:18 am

Re: Proxima Centauri Blacknova Traders game online...

Ok, what values did you put into cron, basically what is set up to the --dump part.

So */6 * * * * /usr/bin/lynx --dump ...

would call the scheduler every 6 mins.

Also sched_ticks in the config file will also need to match that number, so for updates every 6 mins your will need to set sched_ticks = 6;

So your cron looks like it is set, but your config doesn't match cron.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter

Return to Game Announcements



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron