New Game Host! Play BNT and earn Crypto-currencies!

If you have a new game running on your server, you can announce it in here.

Velvet78

New Game Host! Play BNT and earn Crypto-currencies!

Post by Velvet78 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 13:51 UTC

Hi guys!

I would like to introduce myself. I am the lead dev of 1337, a crypto-currency aimed at gamers and (indie) game devs. I stumbled upon BNT on sourceforge and installed it on one of my servers for testing purposes. It looks like its a good match for one of my community projects for 1337. You are all invited to my first experiment in distributing the currency to gamers outside of the crypto-currency scene!

Ok so here's the thing... this could be implemented in a few different ways:

A. I could organize a weekly/monthly event and offer prizes to the top 3 ranked players.

B. I could setup the game for the 1337 community and offer upgrades etc with 1337 as only payment option.

C. I could setup the game and host it for a fixed period and make it availble to the players to exchange their Credits for 1337 at a decreasing exchange rate.

I would love to get some feedback from you guys. I will announce the beta-launch asap.

thekabal

Re: New Game Host! Play BNT and earn Crypto-currencies!

Post by thekabal » Tue Jun 14, 2016 21:25 UTC

Velvet78 wrote:I would love to get some feedback from you guys. I will announce the beta-launch asap.
That sounds (from a legal point of view) very close to gambling. There are all sorts of laws about online gambling, so I'd suggest you read up and be sure you are on the right side of the law.

That out of the way, in addition, it would be a very bad idea to tie give-aways to BNT. Most importantly, the game is not balanced, and doesn't have a complete solution to players creating multiple accounts. In addition, in many games already - without coin on the line - the competitive force drives players to cheat and it is relatively easy to see in the Rankings page on most running games.

Finally, there are XSS vulnerabilities in the game. I've continued fixing issues in the TKI branch, including the XSS vulnerabilities.

I hope this will encourage you to re-consider your plan. But good luck to you.

Velvet78

Post by Velvet78 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 23:02 UTC

thekabal wrote:
Velvet78 wrote:I would love to get some feedback from you guys. I will announce the beta-launch asap.
Finally, there are XSS vulnerabilities in the game. I've continued fixing issues in the TKI branch, including the XSS vulnerabilities.

I hope this will encourage you to re-consider your plan. But good luck to you.
Thank you for your feedback. I wasnt aware of those vulnerabilities. Is there a live version of the TKI branch i can see somewhere?

thekabal

Post by thekabal » Wed Jun 15, 2016 01:29 UTC

Velvet78 wrote:Thank you for your feedback. I wasnt aware of those vulnerabilities. Is there a live version of the TKI branch i can see somewhere?
https://github.com/thekabal/tki/ , but to be clear, I do not think Tki is safe either, just that I've fixed that one specific class of vulnerabilities. There are still plenty of improvements to be made.