Galaxy Map

Where we find trouble with the latest release... and shoot it.

User avatar
TheMightyDude
Site Admin
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 am

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by TheMightyDude » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:23 pm

Ok, I can see the issue on your game...
Have you modified anything?

I can see some differences.

It seems that you have modified a file some place ?
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

User avatar
TheMightyDude
Site Admin
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 am

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by TheMightyDude » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Ok, I think I have found the issue.

In your main.css located templates\classic\styles\ open it up in an editor and on line 25 there should be a line starting with .map {

At the end of that line you should see z-index:-1 }
Remove just the z-index:-1 and save the file back to your server.

Now try the Galaxy Map once again and it "should" work.
Basically the z-index:-1 was moving it behind, so it became unclickable.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

newadmin
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by newadmin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 am

The problem remains. The only changes I did to it was in the galaxy php just changed the images from using the ports icon to the icon you see for the resources on the main page. This problem was present before that change.

User avatar
TheMightyDude
Site Admin
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 am

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by TheMightyDude » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:28 am

newadmin wrote:The problem remains. The only changes I did to it was in the galaxy php just changed the images from using the ports icon to the icon you see for the resources on the main page. This problem was present before that change.
What I said is the cause and the fix, I just removed z-index:-1 from the css file and it works.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

newadmin
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by newadmin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:18 am

I'll play around with it and revert the changes I made. I might try a fresh install of everything and make that change from the start.

User avatar
TheMightyDude
Site Admin
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 am

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by TheMightyDude » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 am

newadmin wrote:I'll play around with it and revert the changes I made. I might try a fresh install of everything and make that change from the start.
Well I have just checked and its working now.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

newadmin
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by newadmin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:39 am

TheMightyDude wrote: Well I have just checked and its working now.
It' still isn't working for me even after I cleared all my browsing data and cookies. Seems that it might be on my end if it's working for you.

User avatar
TheMightyDude
Site Admin
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 am

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by TheMightyDude » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:55 am

newadmin wrote:
TheMightyDude wrote: Well I have just checked and its working now.
It' still isn't working for me even after I cleared all my browsing data and cookies. Seems that it might be on my end if it's working for you.
What browser are you using, I was using Edge.

I just tried it in Chrome and it also works ok for me.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

newadmin
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by newadmin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:58 am

TheMightyDude wrote: What browser are you using, I was using Edge.
I usually use chrome. I just tested with firefox and it works fine.

Post Reply