Map does not show places visited.

Where we find trouble with the latest release... and shoot it.

usalabs

Re: Map does not show places visited.

Post by usalabs » Sun May 24, 2020 12:24 UTC

TheMightyDude wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:19 UTC Ah, I get yah now, I was going to say LOL.
Sooooo, what ya workin on now? Or is that a secret until release?

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Sun May 24, 2020 16:45 UTC

usalabs wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:24 UTC Sooooo, what ya workin on now? Or is that a secret until release?
I am working on a PC Desktop version of the game, a complete new Dedicated Server (Linux Headless) and I might later on depending on how many people play it release a WebGL version to be played within a browser.

Headless Server will be written in C# .NET Core (Self-Contained) and the Client will be using the Unity Engine, these are to be written from scratch and won't be Open Source, but will still be free.

Its just me doing it as a learning curve and in my free time all from scratch.

There is info about it on there forums, sadly the work on it is slow.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog YouTube Dev Channel Twitter Twitch

usalabs

Post by usalabs » Mon Jun 01, 2020 15:47 UTC

When you say "headless" version of Linux does that mean the server software would be available for non GUI Linux versions?, And would the server software be running on a centralized platform, much like other online games, where the server is at a data center and the client software is downloaded to connect to that server? Or will the game come with both client and sever software, but the server can only be run on headless Linux? if the latter, my home server is running headless Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS, which is how I prefer to run Linux servers.

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Tue Jun 02, 2020 04:07 UTC

Basically the server side will be run in a console on a Linux Server.
Players would download the game client which will connect to our services to authenticate their login if valid they are presented with game servers to play on.
Those servers don't store login info, they just run the game.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog YouTube Dev Channel Twitter Twitch