Galaxy Map

Where we find trouble with the latest release... and shoot it.

newadmin

Galaxy Map

Post by newadmin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 21:37 UTC

Galaxy map in game is not working. If you click fast enough before everything has a chance to load you will realspace move. Everything in the code looks alright to me just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy Map

Post by TheMightyDude » Thu Nov 23, 2017 21:45 UTC

newadmin wrote:Galaxy map in game is not working. If you click fast enough before everything has a chance to load you will realspace move. Everything in the code looks alright to me just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.
I am a bit confused here.
You can already Real Space Move by clicking on the Sector you want in the Galaxy Map.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog YouTube Dev Channel Twitter Twitch

newadmin

Post by newadmin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 22:16 UTC

TheMightyDude wrote:
newadmin wrote:Galaxy map in game is not working. If you click fast enough before everything has a chance to load you will realspace move. Everything in the code looks alright to me just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.
You can already Real Space Move by clicking on the Sector you want in the Galaxy Map.
That's my problem is if the galaxy map fully loads then it is just like im looking at an image.

newadmin

Post by newadmin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 22:17 UTC

This may also be the wrong thread to put this in. It's on a different server not your server.

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Thu Nov 23, 2017 23:02 UTC

newadmin wrote:
TheMightyDude wrote:
That's my problem is if the galaxy map fully loads then it is just like im looking at an image.
Oh?
That shouldn't happen, it should display a grid using divs and then actual links with a small image as the status.

What version of code is the server running, what's it say on their settings page.

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Thu Nov 23, 2017 23:03 UTC

newadmin wrote:This may also be the wrong thread to put this in. It's on a different server not your server.
Ah you the admin of that game?

newadmin

Post by newadmin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 03:31 UTC

Yes, it is just something I am tinkering with. The version is 0.663. When I look at the code I can see all the links are showing up properly and if I am really quick and click one as soon as the page opens it works normally.

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Fri Nov 24, 2017 13:39 UTC

newadmin wrote:Yes, it is just something I am tinkering with. The version is 0.663. When I look at the code I can see all the links are showing up properly and if I am really quick and click one as soon as the page opens it works normally.
Ok, well you posted it in the correct section :)

Is it accessible for others so I could take a look?

Also what's the stats of the server like OS, Apache, MySQL and PHP versions ?

I ask due to BNT 0.633 should be working.

newadmin

Post by newadmin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 16:05 UTC

The OS is Linux. Apache version 2.4.29, php is 5.6.32, MySQL is 5.6.36. it's currently being hosted at www.blacknovatrader.a2hosted.com

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Fri Nov 24, 2017 17:17 UTC

newadmin wrote:The OS is Linux. Apache version 2.4.29, php is 5.6.32, MySQL is 5.6.36. it's currently being hosted at http://www.blacknovatrader.a2hosted.com
Ok, will take a look.

I have noticed that your mail service (a2hosting.com) doesn't support SPF, so if you were to have loads of player, you run the risk of getting your mail service blacklisted.

We had the same issue at first, but our mail servers now use SPF and will possibly support DMARC later on.

But at these stages you should be fine.