The Kabal Invasion returns later this year

For announcing, describing and discussing code changes to BNT.

Post Reply
thekabal
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:32 pm

The Kabal Invasion returns later this year

Post by thekabal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:27 am

Hello!

Just wanted to drop in and mention that the progress on TKI is regular and consistent again, and I'm nearing the point where we can have a working game again later this year!

I've secured hosting for the game, and continue to develop on GitHub. Right now I'm working through more code tightening/refactoring, but the next milestone is fixing the login/signup/recovery process so that the game can go live once again.

Next after that will be a focus on the AI players, and then a workable install process.

It's coming along! So far, the codebase is still extremely similar in playstyle to BNT. In time, once we get the major issues resolved, that will change.

I'll be aiming for Halloween, but time will tell if I hit that target.

User avatar
TheMightyDude
Site Admin
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 am

Re: The Kabal Invasion returns later this year

Post by TheMightyDude » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:10 am

thekabal wrote:Hello!

Just wanted to drop in and mention that the progress on TKI is regular and consistent again, and I'm nearing the point where we can have a working game again later this year!
Nice :)
thekabal wrote:I've secured hosting for the game, and continue to develop on GitHub. Right now I'm working through more code tightening/refactoring, but the next milestone is fixing the login/signup/recovery process so that the game can go live once again.
Cool.
Yeah, BNT really needs to have the recovery feature added, atm players just email me to generate a new random password for them.
thekabal wrote:Next after that will be a focus on the AI players, and then a workable install process.
Yeah, these types of game really need better AI.
thekabal wrote:It's coming along! So far, the codebase is still extremely similar in playstyle to BNT. In time, once we get the major issues resolved, that will change.

I'll be aiming for Halloween, but time will tell if I hit that target.
Cool, keep us updated.

Yeah, my new version is starting to get to a point where I can start adding in game stuff, I just had to get my networking code working right, I explain more in my dev blog.

But I am glad you are getting stuff done.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

Heenans
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:00 am

Re: The Kabal Invasion returns later this year

Post by Heenans » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:55 am

Can we expect another Kabal invasion anytime soon?

thekabal
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Re: The Kabal Invasion returns later this year

Post by thekabal » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:45 pm

What a lovely hope! Sadly my interests have drifted far from TKI & BNT, and I haven't found myself coding on either in .. months.

I still keep an eye on current events. But no, I don't foresee a new TKI anytime soon.

User avatar
TheMightyDude
Site Admin
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 am

Re: The Kabal Invasion returns later this year

Post by TheMightyDude » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:25 am

I know the feeling, with all my health issues not getting any better I cannot spend as much time as I use to on BNT.

But the way the amount of users playing the game is decreasing I cannot see me continuing supporting the game in the long run.

Sure I will be continuing the work on my game a bit like BNT, this is due to it being a hobby of mine and also I will be making it into a game that I would like playing.
Playing BNT at the moment for new players (and I have seen it in my logs) is like walking into the road in front of moving traffic, i.e. its a slaughtering and that is why players are decreasing like it is.

BNT doesn't need to be like this, a game should be fun to play for everyone and not just for the attacker.

That was why I was wanting to do my own version of it, but back then I was in a full time job, and all my free time was bug fixing, maintaining this server etc leaving no free time.
But now I have the time, the game is less popular than it was back then which is rather sad.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog Twitter Twitch

Post Reply