Turn recycling

Where we find trouble with the latest release... and shoot it.

nodnarb

Turn recycling

Post by nodnarb » Thu Dec 17, 2020 19:02 UTC

Hi,

I recently installed the game but the player turns are cycling day to day. How to I get the game to do that? Am I able to set the time I want it to cycle? Please provide me a step by step if your able as I am a newbie. Thank you in advance!

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Re: Turn recycling

Post by TheMightyDude » Thu Dec 17, 2020 23:09 UTC

nodnarb wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 19:02 UTC Hi,

I recently installed the game but the player turns are cycling day to day. How to I get the game to do that? Am I able to set the time I want it to cycle? Please provide me a step by step if your able as I am a newbie. Thank you in advance!
Try reading the install file in the docs folder.
TheMightyDude::Blacknova Development.
Development Blog YouTube Dev Channel Twitter Twitch

nodnarb

Post by nodnarb » Fri Dec 25, 2020 18:59 UTC

I read the docs which wasn't a lot of help. I set up the Cron as follows: */15 * * * * /usr/bin/lynx --dump http://nodnarb.ws/blacknova/scheduler.p ... d=password > /dev/null (note I didn't put my real password on this post, but did in the Cron job) The job seems to be running. My share host provider requires me to run it no more than every 15 mins.

Turn's, interest, loan interest doesn't seem to be changing. Any ideas?

I want to set up the turns to cycle to 1200 every 24 hours. Below is my config file currently.

$sched_ticks = 15; // Set this to how often (in minutes) you are running the scheduler script.
$turns_per_tick = 12.5; // Update how many turns per tick
$sched_turns = 2; // New turns rate (also includes towing, xenobe)
$sched_ports = 1; // How often port production occurs
$sched_planets = 2; // How often planet production occurs
$sched_igb = 2; // How often IGB interests are added
$sched_ranking = 30; // How often rankings will be generated
$sched_news = 15; // How often news are generated
$sched_degrade = 6; // How often sector fighters degrade when unsupported by a planet
$sched_apocalypse = 15; // How often apocalypse events will occur
$sched_thegovernor = 1; // How often the governor will run, cleaning up out-of-bound values
$doomsday_value = 90000000; // Number of colonists a planet needs before being affected by the apocalypse
$color_header = '#500050'; // GUI colors - soon to be moved into templates
$color_line1 = '#300030'; // GUI colors - soon to be moved into templates
$color_line2 = '#400040'; // GUI colors - soon to be moved into templates
$mine_hullsize = 8; // Minimum size hull has to be to hit mines
$ewd_maxhullsize = 15; // Max hull size before EWD degrades
$sector_max = 1000; // Number of sectors you'd like your universe to have
$link_max = 10; // Maximum number of links in a sector
$universe_size = 200; // This increases the distance between sectors, which increases the cost of realspace movement
$game_name = 'Nodnarb BlackNova Traders'; // Please set this to a unique name for your game
$release_version = '0.663'; // Please do not change this. Doing so will cause problems for the server lists, and setupinfo, and more.
$fed_max_hull = 8; // The maximum hull size you can have before being towed out of fed space
$max_ranks = 100; // The maximum number of ranks displayed on ranking.php
$rating_combat_factor = 0.8; // Amount of rating gained from combat
$server_closed = false; // True = block logins but not new account creation
$account_creation_closed = false; // True = block new account creation
$newbie_nice = 'YES'; // If a ship is destroyed without a EWD, *and* is below a certain level for all items, then regen their ship
$newbie_hull = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a hull less than newbie hull, he will be regen'd to play more
$newbie_engines = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a engines less than newbie engines, he will be regen'd to play more
$newbie_power = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a power less than newbie power, he will be regen'd to play more
$newbie_computer = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a computer less than newbie computer, he will be regen'd to play more
$newbie_sensors = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a sensors less than newbie sensors, he will be regen'd to play more
$newbie_armor = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a armor less than newbie armor, he will be regen'd to play more
$newbie_shields = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a shields less than newbie shield, he will be regen'd to play more
$newbie_beams = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a beams less than newbie beams, he will be regen'd to play more
$newbie_torp_launchers = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a torp_launcher less than newbie torp_launcher, he will be regen'd to play more.
$newbie_cloak = '8'; // If a destroyed player has a cloak less than newbie cloak, he will be regen'd to play more.
$allow_fullscan = true; // Allow players to use full long range scan during this game?
$allow_navcomp = true; // Allow players to use the Navigation computer during this game?
$allow_ibank = true; // Allow players to use the Intergalactic Bank (IGB) during this game?
$allow_genesis_destroy = false; // Allow players to use genesis torps to destroy planets?
$ibank_interest = 0.0003; // Interest rate for account funds - Note that this is calculated every system update!
$ibank_paymentfee = 0.05; // Paymentfee
$ibank_loaninterest = 0.0010; // Loan interest (good idea to put double what you get on a planet)
$ibank_loanfactor = 0.10; // One-time loan fee
$ibank_loanlimit = 0.25; // Maximum loan allowed, percent of net worth
$default_prod_ore = 20.0; // Default planet ore production percentage
$default_prod_organics = 20.0; // Default planet organics production percentage
$default_prod_goods = 20.0; // Default planet goods production percentage
$default_prod_energy = 20.0; // Default planet energy production percentage
$default_prod_fighters = 10.0; // Default planet fighters production percentage
$default_prod_torp = 10.0; // Default planet torpedo production percentage
$ore_price = 11; // Default price for ore
$ore_delta = 5; // The delta, or difference for ore to range + or - from the default to allow trading profitably
$ore_rate = 75000; // The amount of ore that is regenerated by a port every tick (times the port_regenrate)
$ore_prate = 0.25; // The rate of production for ore on a planet (times production, times player/planet setting for ore_prate)
$ore_limit = 100000000; // The maximum amount of ore a port will accept or produce up to
$organics_price = 5; // Default price of organics
$organics_delta = 2; // The delta, or difference for organics to range + or - from the default to allow trading profitably
$organics_rate = 5000; // The amount of organics that is regenerated by a port every tick (times the port_regenrate)
$organics_prate = 0.5; // The rate of production for organics on a planet (times production, times player/planet setting for org_prate)
$organics_limit = 100000000; // The maximum amount of organics a port will accept or produce up to
$goods_price = 15; // Default price of goods
$goods_delta = 7; // The delta, or difference for goods to range + or - from the default to allow trading profitably
$goods_rate = 75000; // The amount of goods that is regenerated by a port every tick (times the port_regenrate)
$goods_prate = 0.25; // The rate of production for goods on a planet (times production, times player/planet setting for goods_prate)
$goods_limit = 100000000; // The maximum amount of goods a port will accept or produce up to
$energy_price = 3; // Default price of energy
$energy_delta = 1; // The delta, or difference for energy to range + or - from the default to allow trading profitably
$energy_rate = 75000; // The amount of energy that is regenerated by a port every tick (times the port_regenrate)
$energy_prate = 0.5; // The rate of production for energy on a planet (times production, times player/planet setting for energy_prate)
$energy_limit = 1000000000; // The maximum amount of energy a port will accept or produce up to
$inventory_factor = 1; // The number of units that a single hull can hold
$upgrade_cost = 1000; // Upgrade price is (upgrade factor OR 2)^(level difference) times the upgrade cost
$upgrade_factor = 2; // Upgrade factor is the numeric base (usually 2) that is raised to the power of level difference for determining cost
$level_factor = 1.5; // How effective a level is. amount = level_factor ^ item_level (possibly times another value, depending on the item)
$dev_genesis_price = 1000000; // The price for a genesis device purchased at a special port
$dev_beacon_price = 100; // The price for a beacon purchased at a special port
$dev_emerwarp_price = 1000000; // The price for an emergency warp device purchased at a special port
$dev_warpedit_price = 100000; // The price for a warp editor purchased at a special port
$dev_minedeflector_price = 10; // The price for a mine deflector purchased at a special port
$dev_escapepod_price = 100000; // The price for an escape pod purchased at a special port
$dev_fuelscoop_price = 100000; // The price for a fuel scoop (gives energy while real spacing) purchased at a special port
$dev_lssd_price = 10000000; // The price for a last seen ship device purchased at a special port
$fighter_price = 50; // The price for a fighter purchased at a special port
$fighter_prate = 0.01; // The rate of production for fighters on a planet (times production, times player/planet setting for fit_prate)
$torpedo_price = 25; // The price for a torpedo purchased at a special port
$torpedo_prate = 0.025; // The rate of production for torpedoes on a planet (times production, times player/planet setting for torp_prate)
$torp_dmg_rate = 10; // The amount of damage a single torpedo will cause
$credits_prate = 3.0; // The rate of production for credits on a planet (times production, times player/planet setting for 100% minus all prates)
$armor_price = 5; // The price for units of armor purchased at a special port
$basedefense = 1; // Additional factor added to tech levels by having a base on your planet. All your base are belong to us.
$colonist_price = 5; // The standard price for a colonist at a special port
$colonist_production_rate = 0.005; // The rate of production for colonists on a planet (prior to consideration of organics)
$colonist_reproduction_rate = 0.0005; // The rate of reproduction for colonists on a planet after consideration of starvation due to organics
$colonist_limit = 100000000; // The maximum number of colonists on a planet
$organics_consumption = 0.05; // How many units of organics does a single colonist eat (require to avoid starvation)
$starvation_death_rate = 0.01; // If there is insufficient organics, colonists die of starvation at this rate/percentage
$interest_rate = 1.0005; // The interest rate offered by the IGB
$base_ore = 10000; // The amount of ore required to be placed on a planet to create a base.
$base_goods = 10000; // The amount of goods required to be placed on a planet to create a base.
$base_organics = 10000; // The amount of organics required to be placed on a planet to create a base.
$base_credits = 10000000; // The amount of credits required to be placed on a planet to create a base.
$start_fighters = 10; // The amount of fighters on the ship the player starts with
$start_armor = 10; // The armor a player starts with
$start_credits = 1000; // The credits a player starts the game with
$start_energy = 100; // The amount of energy on the ship the player starts with
$start_turns = 1200; // The number of turns all players are given at the start of the game
$start_lssd = 'N'; // Do ships start with an lssd ?
$start_editors = 0; // Starting warp editors
$start_minedeflectors = 0; // Start mine deflectors
$start_emerwarp = 0; // Start emergency warp units
$start_beacon = 0; // Start space_beacons
$start_genesis = 0; // Starting genesis torps
$escape = 'N'; // Start game equipped with escape pod?
$scoop = 'N'; // Start game equipped with fuel scoop?
$max_turns = 3600; // The maximum number of turns a player can receive
$max_emerwarp = 10; // The maximum number of emergency warp devices a player can have
$fullscan_cost = 1; // The cost in turns for doing a full scan
$scan_error_factor = 20; // The percentage added to the comparison of cloak to sensors to determne the possibility of error
$max_planets_sector = 5; // The maximum number of planets allowed in a sector
$max_traderoutes_player = 40; // The maximum number of saved traderoutes a player can have
$min_bases_to_own = 3; // The minimum number of planets with bases in a sector that a player needs to have to take ownership of the zone
$default_lang = 'english'; // The default language the game displays in until a player chooses a language
$IGB_min_turns = 1200; // Turns a player has to play before ship transfers are allowed 0=disable
$IGB_svalue = 0.15; // Max amount of sender's value allowed for ship transfers 0=disable
$IGB_trate = 1440; // Time (in minutes) before two similar transfers are allowed for ship transfers.0=disable
$IGB_lrate = 1440; // Time (in minutes) players have to repay a loan
$IGB_tconsolidate = 10; // Cost in turns for consolidate : 1/$IGB_consolidate
$corp_planet_transfers = 0; // If transferring credits to/from corp planets is allowed. 1=enable
$min_value_capture = 0; // Percantage of planet's value a ship must be worth to be able to capture it. 0=disable
$defence_degrade_rate = 0.05; // The percentage rate at which defenses (fits, mines) degrade during scheduler runs
$energy_per_fighter = 0.10; // The amount of energy needed (from planets in sector) to maintain a fighter during scheduler runs
$bounty_maxvalue = 0.15; // Max amount a player can place as bounty - good idea to make it the same as $IGB_svalue. 0=disable
$bounty_ratio = 0.75; // Ratio of players networth before attacking results in a bounty. 0=disable
$bounty_minturns = 500; // Minimum number of turns a target must have had before attacking them may not get you a bounty. 0=disable
$display_password = false; // If true, will display password on signup screen.
$space_plague_kills = 0.20; // Percentage of colonists killed by space plague
$max_credits_without_base = 10000000; // Max amount of credits allowed on a planet without a base
$sofa_on = false; // Is the sub-orbital fighter (sofa) attack allowed in this game?
$ksm_allowed = true; // Is the known space map allowed in this game?
$xenobe_max = 10; // Sets the number of xenobe in the universe
$xen_start_credits = 1000000; // What Xenobe start with
$xen_unemployment = 100000; // Amount of credits each xenobe receive on each xenobe tick
$xen_aggression = 100; // Percent of xenobe that are aggressive or hostile
$xen_planets = 5; // Percent of created xenobe that will own planets. Recommended to keep at small percentage
$xenstartsize = 15; // Max starting size of Xenobes at universe creation
$port_regenrate = 10; // The amount of units regenerated by ports during a scheduler tick
$footer_style = 'old'; // Switch between old style footer and new style. Old is text, and only the time until next update. New is a table including server time.
$footer_show_debug = true; // Should the footer show the memory and time to generate page?
$sched_planet_valid_credits = true; // Limit captured planets Max Credits to max_credits_without_base
$max_upgrades_devices = 55; // Must stay at 55 due to PHP/MySQL cap limit.
$max_emerwarp = 10; // The maximum number of emergency warp devices a player can have at one time
$max_genesis = 10; // The maximum number of genesis devices a player can have at one time
$max_beacons = 10; // The maximum number of beacons a player can have at one time
$max_warpedit = 10; // The maximum number of warpeditors a player can have at one time
$bounty_all_special = true; // Stop access on all Special Ports when you have a federation bounty on you.
$bnt_ls = false; // Should the game register with the list server? (currently not functional)
$local_number_dec_point = '.'; // Localization (regional) settings - soon to be moved into languages
$local_number_thousands_sep = ','; // Localization (regional) settings - soon to be moved into languages
$language = 'english'; // Localization (regional) settings - soon to be moved into languages
$link_forums = 'https://nodnarb.ws/blacknova'; // Address for the forum link
$email_server = 'mail.example.com'; // What mail server (an FQDN DNS name) should emails be sent from?
$adminpass = 'b794708h'; // The administrator password
$admin_mail = 'admin@nodnarb.ws'; // The administrator email address
$adminname = 'admin'; // The title for the administrator (used when emailing)

require "global_includes.php"; // A central location for including/requiring other files - Note that we use require because the game cannot function without it.
?>

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Fri Dec 25, 2020 21:51 UTC

nodnarb wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 18:59 UTC I read the docs which wasn't a lot of help. I set up the Cron as follows: */15 * * * * /usr/bin/lynx --dump http://nodnarb.ws/blacknova/scheduler.p ... d=password > /dev/null (note I didn't put my real password on this post, but did in the Cron job) The job seems to be running. My share host provider requires me to run it no more than every 15 mins.

Turn's, interest, loan interest doesn't seem to be changing. Any ideas?

I want to set up the turns to cycle to 1200 every 24 hours. Below is my config file currently.
Well you need to call http://nodnarb.ws/blacknova/scheduler.php?swordfish=YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE.

You need to have the scheduler match how often your cron call the code.
So you need to set $sched_ticks = 1440;

As to have it add 1,200 to everyone's turns every 24 hours, that might be tricky, the code isn't coded to work like that.
But you might be able just set the above sched_ticks to 1440 and turns_per_tick to 1 that "should" give you the 1440 turns every 24 hours.
Then you "could" try setting turns_per_tick to 0.833 and then save.

Once saved then re-create the universe and then you "should" get 1,200 turns every 24 hours.

Let me know if you have any issues.

nodnarb

Post by nodnarb » Sat Dec 26, 2020 04:46 UTC

Thanks for your help.

I was able to do the big bang, however, after doing that, it looks like PHP files are being edited or created with missing information. For example, when trying to sign up for a new account, the field labels in new.php only say ":". There also problems with normal play. The port.php and port2.php files were modified after the bang and now buttons and information like what the item is (good, ore, etc) are missing.

This is running on Hostgator shared hosting, using the Softaculous 1-click install to install the game.

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Sat Dec 26, 2020 05:11 UTC

Well its getting late tonight for me to do a default install from SourceForge (our download location) but if I remember tomorrow morning I will do a basic install of it and see if it happens on that version, I am thinking it might be Softaculous at fault or your hosting.

But we will find out tomorrow.

nodnarb

Post by nodnarb » Sat Dec 26, 2020 17:30 UTC

Thanks, that is my thoughts exactly also.

nodnarb

Post by nodnarb » Fri Jan 01, 2021 21:01 UTC

Any luck with this Mighty? Thank you.

TheMightyDude
Site Admin

Post by TheMightyDude » Fri Jan 01, 2021 23:16 UTC

nodnarb wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 21:01 UTC Any luck with this Mighty? Thank you.
Sorry, was busy with Christmas and New Years, but it is on my to-do list.

nodnarb

Post by nodnarb » Sat Jan 02, 2021 02:15 UTC

No problem at all. Thanks for looking into this.